Last year, I decided that I would post my accomplishments for the month and what goals I hope to achieve in the following month.
I know this post is 10 days late, but I’ve been all over the place. September has been hectic and new to say the least.
What I accomplished in September:
- Read 5 books
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (4 stars)
- The Dark Missions of Edgar Brim by Shane Peacock (2 stars)
- Marine Biology by Gail Carriger (4 stars)
- The Courtesan’s Avenger by Kate M. Colby (4 stars)
- The Ancient Magus’ Bride Vol. 1 by Kore Yamazaki (4 stars)
- Set-up the pre-order for Dead Magic (IMD #4)
- Got through round 2 of editing Dead Magic
- Stayed on top of grading my students’ work
What I hope to achieve in October:
- Read 4 books
- Keep grading papers (til my eyes bleed)
- Finish formatting and editing Dead Magic
- Carve pumpkins (still gotta have a little fun)
- Write, edit, and finish a short story/novella
- Prep book 5
- Prep for Dead Magic‘s launch
September has been a crazy month. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to balance work, home, and writing with writing losing for now. Being an adjunct professor has been a lot of work, but I’m enjoying it, especially when I see my students do better with each paper. So many papers to grade… I hate myself for assigning papers sometimes. I know the students need grades and it’s a writing class, but ugh, after sixty papers, I regret assigning prompts no matter how good the papers are.
Anywho, I was shocked by how much I read last month. I think a lot of it was me trying to balance school, and the best way for me to do that is by reading. One of the major things I want to work on this month is writing more. After not really writing for a whole month, I need to get back into the swing of things and get into the habit of writing again. By the end of the month, I hope to publish another short story, this time with a Halloween theme complete with ghosts and mediums.
Finally and most importantly, I hope to finish up all of my prep for Dead Magic. My fourth book will be coming out November 10th, so I’m hoping to do some more research about what I need to do for a successful launch. Currently, I’ve sent out some ARCs to my readers and am releasing chapters weekly on my blog and in my newsletter leading up to Dead Magic‘s release date. I’m so excited to share it with you. I really, really love Dead Magic and can’t wait to share it with you.