Last year, I decided that I would post my accomplishments for the month and what goals I hope to achieve in the following month.
So January was actually a pretty good month for me.
What I accomplished in January:
- Released The Earl and the Artificer (IMD #3)
- Ran a promotion on The Earl of Brass (IMD #1) and the rest of the series and moved over 1,300 copies
- Read 3 books and a novella, along with school work (Hoarfrost and Maelstrom by Jordan L. Hawk and A Seditious Affair and A Queer Trade by K. J. Charles)
- Began my last semester of grad school
- Started brainstorming my next project
What I hope to achieve in February:
- Write at least 10,000 words of my new project
- Read 3 books
- Write blogs more consistently
- Keep marketing my books
- Try not to lapse into the anxiety loop
Well, I fell off the New Year’s revolution wagon. Big surprise. One of my resolutions was to buy less books and read the ones I have. Well, I’ve been reading the ones I have, but I may have added another foot to the to-be-read pile. Behold, the January book haul! I am really looking forward to reading these books. Many of them have been on my list for months and now I can finally start reading them.
In January, most of my energy was focused on finishing up and launching The Earl and the Artificer. Now that my third novel has been unleashed into the world, I can finally sit down and start working on my next project, which may or may not be in the series. I haven’t decided yet. There wasn’t a lot of writing done in January due to editing and prepping, but I think February will be much better for my writing now that all of my projects are out of the way.
Well, onward to February!
4 thoughts on “January in Review”
Holy Schnitzel, you did a lot!!
Great job! Buying books is *almost* as fun as actually reading them. ❤
Definitely true =P
Wow! That’s awesome! Congrats! 🙂