Last year, I decided that I would post my accomplishments for the month and what goals I hope to achieve in the following month.
March was a strangely productive month for me in probably every aspect but blogging (sorry, readers). April has started with a lovely sinus infection, BUT I know it’ll shape up to be a great month.
What I accomplished in March:
- Read 5 books, 2 of which were for class.
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
- Hunter of Demons and Master of Ghouls by Jordan L. Hawk
- Hunger of Memory by Richard Rodriguez
- A Chorus of Stones by Susan Griffin
- Wrote 10,ooo words of Dead Magic (IMD #4)
- Found translators for the Italian and Spanish versions of The Earl of Brass (IMD #1)
- Finished all of my projects for the English department
What I hope to achieve in April:
- Read 3 books
- Write 12,000 words of Dead Magic (IMD #4)
- Write 4 more blog posts this month
- Edit the cover for The Earl of Brass in translation (Italian and Spanish)
- Finish up the last of my grad school work and prepare for graduation
So March was a much better month in terms of productivity. I think as the days get warmer, it gets easier for the words to come. I also got into a better writing routine at night, which I’m hoping to keep up as soon as I get over this sinus infection. It’s always lovely to start the month sick and completely disrupt my writing mojo. Oh well, life goes on, and I keep telling myself that I’ll feel better in a few days.
Anyway, I’ve been working on Dead Magic and have finally begun making decent headway into it. I’m really starting to get into this book, and I think you’ll like it as well. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be posting more info and insights about it now that I know where it’s going.
I’ve also taken up using a bullet-journal, which is a way to keep up with monthly and daily goals. Pictured above are March and April’s bullet-journal spreads. This little journal holds me accountable and reminds me that I need to get things done. It’s also highly portable and not as easy to lose as scraps of paper. I don’t always get everything done, but I try to get as much done as I can. You may notice the little sad face on April 1st. Sinus infection = nothing getting done.
What I’m most excited about are the forthcoming translations of The Earl of Brass! I recently joined Babelcube, which helps put translators and authors together, and now I have Italian and Spanish translators. I’m beyond excited. I know a bit of Italian, but not nearly enough to get anywhere near translating an entire novel. As the translations progress, I will update everyone. Hopefully it’ll be a smooth process. What I will need is a second set of eyes that can read Spanish or Italian, so if you can and are willing to read my The Earl of Brass for any glaring typos, please drop me a line!
That’s all I have for March. Let’s hope the productivity continues in April!
What are you planning for this month?